Supply-side economics is a macroeconomic theory arguing that economic growth can be most effectively created by lowering taxes and decreasing regulation.
Over the last 40 years America has drastically reduced taxes and stripped away regulations... and it led to the worst global recession in 80 years.
Why do conservatives stubbornly insist on a policy that is a proven failure? What we need is Keynesian economics - a system which advocates for a mixed economy—predominantly private sector, but with a large role for the government and public sector.
This was America's economic model between WW2 and the Nixon administration, and it transformed America into an economic powerhouse. Not only that, but a blue collar worker could support a family of 4 on a single salary, including 2 cars, college for the kids, retirement savings, and the occasional vacation.
- What is the best thing Trump has done as president so far?
- Why do conservatives have a "every man for himself survival of the fittest mentality" regarding society?
- Should a man legally be allowed to enter women’s restrooms and locker rooms just by saying he identifies as a woman if asked?
- What were some of the well known lies by Obama?
- Why is Donald Trump continuing to attack the Mueller Report on Twitter which he stated totally exonerated him from crimes?
- Does Trump have a chance in 2020?
- Arts & Humanities
- Beauty & Style
- Business & Finance
- Cars & Transportation
- Computers & Internet
- Consumer Electronics
- Dining Out
- Education & Reference
- Entertainment & Music
- Family & Relationships
- Food & Drink
- Games & Recreation
- Home & Garden
- Local Businesses
- News & Events
- Politics & Government
- Pregnancy & Parenting
- Science & Mathematics
- Social Science
- Society & Culture