If i disconnect my thermostat & the fan continues to run what is the problem?
fan limiter switch may be busted
the fan keeps on blowing till the heat exchanging chamber cools down ,,,
usually your thermostat maybe has the fan switch on,,should be off,,but triggered when the heat gets turned on
That thermostat is not controlling that fan, something else is, regards, Bob UK.
You disconnected something.
Sounds like a stuck contactor or relay.You'll probably want a pro to help you track that down.
With the information you have provided - which is to say, none whatsoever - there's no way anyone on the internet can begin to even guess precisely what your problem is.I've thrown out a couple possibilities, but that's not a diagnosis.Bring in a pro who can look at things as they are in person.
I'd look at a stuck closed relay as the problem.
Thermostats don't have electrical connections to disconnect jojo. Put the hood down so you don't get hurt.
it was never connected in the first place, thermostats are not generally connected to fans they are connected to boilers or heat sources or A/C systems
There is a shorted wire from thermostat to control board.
The problem is that the thermostat is disconnected.
- If you live in an area that gets snow in the winter, what do you do, if anything, to remove it?
- Why does double glazing get condensation in between the panes?
- How much scale is in my 1988 State Water Heater?
- When you get propane installed in your house, what is that gigantic pill that they place in your back yard?
- Can you disconnect 1 light fixture out of 2 in a small bathroom completely, safely? (I explain below)?
- Is it better to use copper pipes when repiping an old house, or the new PEX pipes? The pipes are in the crawl space?
- Arts & Humanities
- Beauty & Style
- Business & Finance
- Cars & Transportation
- Computers & Internet
- Consumer Electronics
- Dining Out
- Education & Reference
- Entertainment & Music
- Family & Relationships
- Food & Drink
- Games & Recreation
- Home & Garden
- Local Businesses
- News & Events
- Politics & Government
- Pregnancy & Parenting
- Science & Mathematics
- Social Science
- Society & Culture