A compound contains 67.1 percent zinc and the rest is oxygen. What is the empirical formula of the compound?
The empirical formula of the compound is determined to be ZnO2.
67.1g x 1 mol Zn / 65.39g Zn = 1.026 mol Zn
32.9g x 1 mol O/ 16.00g O=2.056 mol O
1.026 / 1.026 =1 mol Znand 2.056 / 1.026 =2 mol O
For additional assistance, please see also the following data link(s):
Discover Questions in Polls & Surveys
- Did acid rain exist before humans?
- Water is a element . But why do we call it as water molecule?
- A fire stops burning. think of as many reasons as posibble why this could happen?
- Is it normal to think of killing someone?
- The rate of a chemical reaction depends on temperature. true or false?
- NO3 is base or acid?