A compound contains 67.1 percent zinc and the rest is oxygen. What is the empirical formula of the compound?
The empirical formula of the compound is determined to be ZnO2.
67.1g x 1 mol Zn / 65.39g Zn = 1.026 mol Zn
32.9g x 1 mol O/ 16.00g O=2.056 mol O
1.026 / 1.026 =1 mol Znand 2.056 / 1.026 =2 mol O
For additional assistance, please see also the following data link(s):
Discover Questions in Polls & Surveys
- What two colors make pupple?
- WHAT IS THE ROLE OF WATER IN CONDENSATION AND HYDROLYSIS REACTION?
- Do universitary teachers from chemistry faculties know how to make explosives like semtex,C4, or dynamite ?
- What is the method used to separate salt and water?
- What is psi?
- Water contains hydrogen and oxygen , of which both support combustion.Then why doesn't it catch fire?