1 year ago
A compound contains 67.1 percent zinc and the rest is oxygen. What is the empirical formula of the compound?
The empirical formula of the compound is determined to be ZnO2.
67.1g x 1 mol Zn / 65.39g Zn = 1.026 mol Zn
32.9g x 1 mol O/ 16.00g O=2.056 mol O
1.026 / 1.026 =1 mol Znand 2.056 / 1.026 =2 mol O
For additional assistance, please see also the following data link(s):
Discover Questions in Polls & Surveys
- Determine the empirical formula of a compound containing 69.94% iron and the rest oxygen.?
- A compound contains 46.7% nitrogen and 53.3% oxygen by mass. What is the empirical formula of the compound?
- A compound contains only carbon hydrogen and oxygen. empirical formula?
- A compound contains 30 percent sulfur and 70 percent fluorine by mass. The empirical formula...?
- What is the empirical formula of the compound that contains 32.01 percent carbon, 4.03 percent hydrogen, and 6
- Arts & Humanities
- Beauty & Style
- Business & Finance
- Cars & Transportation
- Computers & Internet
- Consumer Electronics
- Dining Out
- Education & Reference
- Entertainment & Music
- Family & Relationships
- Food & Drink
- Games & Recreation
- Home & Garden
- Local Businesses
- News & Events
- Politics & Government
- Pregnancy & Parenting
- Science & Mathematics
- Social Science
- Society & Culture