How does the abstraction of the physical layer facilitate interoperability across?
You have a campus of buildings within a .5 mile radius.. Each building has an average of 20-50 people except the main building which houses roughly 400 personelle.
I want you to create a parts list of what kind of routers/switches you'll need in order to make it a network. You will not be able to see any wiring diagrams at all, you're shooting from the hip.
What do you think your success rate would be in purchasing the right equipment for each building to do the job right the first go around? Slim to absolutely none...
That's what causes interoperability... You need to figure out where your fiber is, where your copper is, and OC connections, where your ISP terminations are, any coax rolled out for CCTVs and the like, how many closets there are in each building, where the wiring bundles punch down to etc etc etc... Withholding this information is detrimental to your success.
Discover Questions in Polls & Surveys
- Get a wired internet connection, or minimum solid wireless connection on the other side of the house?
- So in my house their are 3 computers and 2 smartphones that are connected to the internet. What type of network is present? A LAN or WAN?
- Help me I am not real smart with computers tell me what I need to do.?
- What is the name of the software that can help me to get wifi signals near my home on my pc?
- What dose www. mean?
- Modem work but not router?