What is 'yamak' and 'utpreksha' alankar called in english?
Example: घेर घेर घोर गगन।. Here, “घ ” is repeated three times.
2. यमक (Yamak) (Homonym) – when same word repeats more than once but each time its meaning is different.
Example: सजना है मुझे सजना के लिए। Here, “सजना” means to make up/lover.
3. श्लेष (Shlesh) (Pun) – when a word is used once but it gives more than one meaning.
Example: मधुबन की छाती को देखो, सूखी इसकी कितनी कलियाँ। Here, “कलियाँ” means the flower that is not fully blossomed/Young children. Poet wants to describe a scene where a “मधुबन” (garden) is lacking, both in blossoming flowers and young children.
Most common अर्थालंकार (Arthalankar) that you might find in the Hindi poetry are:
1. उपमा (Upma) (Simile) – when a person or thing is compared in words with a similar but famous/well known person or thing.
Example: ताज महल सा घर। House like the Taj Mahal. Here, “घर” (house) is compared with a building which is famous for its beauty.
2. रूपक (Rupak) (Metaphor) – when a word is used for something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance.
Example: पायो जी मैंने राम-रतन धन पायो। Here, “राम” (Ram, Hindu god) is suggested metaphorically as “रतन” (precious stones) and “धन” (money) .
3. अतिश्योक्ति (Atishyokti) (Hyperbole) – when a word is used of exaggerate something or someone, to evoke a strong feelings or to create a strong impression.
Example: दिल बादल बने, आँखें बहेने लगी। Here, “दिल” (heart) is exaggerated to “बादल” (cloud). The dramatic effect of this exaggeration would be, आँखें (eyes) that can tear as rain because the heart has turned into clouds (in pain).
Discover Questions in Polls & Surveys
- I am doing a project and need to name it. It's about the 1950s and I don't want to call it 'The 1950s'or 'Life in the 1950s.' Please help!!?
- Is -0.017 greater than -0.032?
- How do you find the circumference of a cirlcle?
- In regard to things that black people are allowed to do that would be considered racist if white people did the same....?
- When a computer is no longer useful, it can be?
- A word for someone who thinks they are too good for everyone else?